We’re looking for an Estimator to join our busy Contracts Team:
To enable profitable business winning by preparing competitive estimates and quotations for Benchmark responding to customers. Ensure clarity in the scope of work with both the prospective client and the Project Office. This role is critical as part of our commitment to exceptional customer service. It is also pivotal between Sales, Project Office and Production.
- Working with the Sales Team and/or with the client directly, to gain a full understanding of the client’s requirements for the project.
- Close liason with both internal and external (e.g. subcontractors) information providers to compile all information requirements for the client proposal.
- Ensure exceptional customer service via complete and timely responses at all points in the tendering process.
- Always look for new and better ways of doing things to ensure that quotations are competitively and profitably priced.
- Agree Terms & Conditions for the quotations with Sales Team and Finance.
- Create Quotation documents for submission to clients.
- Ensure any subsequent variances to original quotations are included and costed.
- On award of contract, close liaison with, and provision of all relevant information to, the Project Office to ensure smooth transfer.
- Maintenance of client information/history/relationship and back costings to inform quotations.
Tasks will include:
- Receive and acknowledge new enquiries
- Log New enquiries on Enquiry list
- Set up electronic and paper Enquiry files.
- Download all relevant info into Enquiry file.
- Print all relevant info, Drawings and specification.
- Look through all info and establish what needs to be quoted.
- Raise any relevant RFI’s (Request For Information) if missing or poor information.
- Work out costs for project based on time and materials, and compare and inform, wherever possible, with back costing analysis from previous similar or relevant projects.
- Request & negotiate prices with relevant subcontractors to establish costs.
- Prepare quotations to be sent to client, either on Benchmark standard Doc or Main Contractor Tender return Doc.
- Agree production times/lead times to be included on Quotations.
- Send Quotations once checked – liaising with colleagues to validate pricing/quotation.
- Follow up and confirm receipt of quotation.
- Regular follow up with the client/customer to ensure that they have all the information they need and that we are responsive to their needs.
- Re cost projects based on new or revised info and re submit, follow up etc.
- Attendance of mid tender interviews.
- Clarify internally terms and conditions, Deposit payments, lead times for Drawings, manufacture, delivery and fitting and communicate these to the client.
- Accept orders and acknowledge of the order.
- Arrange deposits and payments with the accounts dept.
- Hand project over to the Project Office.
- As variances occur, agree the cost implications with project designer and communicate and agree with the client.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of the Bespoke Furniture and Specialist Joinery sector.
- An understanding and appreciation of a ‘craftsman’/Benchmark approach – that we aim to provide the best job at a price that represents value for money (rather than the cheapest).
- The ability to work as a team player and under their own initiative.
- Proven ability and desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
- The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, with friendly but confident manner.
- A can do, will do attitude.
- Good problem-solving skills – always looking for innovative (and cost effective) solutions.
- Good organisation whilst maintaining flexibility.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Be forward-thinking.
- Industry knowledge.
- Auto CAD.
- Estimating packages.
- Presentation packages (e.g. Powerpoint)
Terms and conditions:
Salary dependent on experience, qualifications and skill set.
20 days paid Holiday +8 STATS raising to 25 days after 6 years’ service.
Profit related bonus scheme.
Traveling and accommodation expenses paid if working away.
The above list is not exhaustive but should give a reasonable guide to your day to day duties. If you need any further clarification please do not hesitate to contact
Tel. 01488 658184